The Scarlet Pimpernel Receives 9 TANYS Awards
Congrats to Suzanne and
the entire company!
Schenectady Light Opera's production of The
Scarlet Pimpernel has been awarded NINE Roving Adjudicator Merit Awards.
- Outstanding Sound Design and Execution to Joel Lord
- Excellence in Direction to Suzanne H. Rayome
- Excellence in Musical Direction to Michael Lotano
- Excellence in Costume Design and Execution to Connie Rowe Rauhauser
- Excellence in Hair and Wig Design to John Fowler
- Excellence in Performance to Eric Shovah
- Excellence in Vocal Performance to Heather D?Arcy
- Meritorious Achievement in Vocal Performance to Shawn R. Morgan
- Meritorious Achievement in Vocal Performance to the Cast
SLOC continues to be one of New York States outstanding musical theatre production companys.
Their production of
Frank Wildhorn's The Scarlet Pimpernel provided audiences with an evening of noteworthy and compelling theatre.
There are three (3) separate categories of Merit Awards as follows:
"Outstanding" - To be issued to the whole or part of the whole of
a theatrical event or production of a superlative quality rarely
witnessed or experienced by the adjudicator.
"Excellence" - To be issued to the whole or part of the whole of
a theatrical event or production considered by the adjudicator to be
of exceptional merit surpassing the norm.
"Meritorious Achievement" - To be issued to the whole or part of
the whole of a theatrical event or production considered by the
adjudicator to be worthy of special recognition.
The 2009 TANYS festival will be held on November 20, 21, & 22, 2009 at the Stuart Steiner Theatre, Genesee Community College Batavia, New York 14020. This will be the 50th Anniversary of the festival. Information and details about the festival may be obtained be e-mailing Michael Arve at email@example.com.
Adjudicator: Paul Nelson
Production: The Scarlet Pimpernel
Company: Schenectady Light Opera Company
Date: May 8, 2009
Region: Capital Region
220 1/2 North 4th Street
Olean, NY 14760